``Canada stabbing attack kills 10, wounds 15 in Saskatchewan``        [link]    Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Another mass killing...

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 100)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

19 days ago - Wednesday 9/7/22 - 8:43:31 AM EST (GMT-5)
"Canada stabbing attack kills 10, wounds 15 in Saskatchewan"

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...
19 days ago - Wednesday 9/7/22 - 9:32:57 AM EST (GMT-5)
I think we should take a moment to consider how much harder it is to pull a spree killing Saskatchewan versus, say, Colorado Springs. 4.9 vs. 2,473/ sq. mi. is significant to say the least.
18 days ago - Wednesday 9/7/22 - 2:54:05 PM EST (GMT-5)
pretty crazy happenings
16 days ago - Friday 9/9/22 - 9:46:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
CD doesn't care about the "Happenings" he just want's to shake his red white and blue cock.
15 days ago - Saturday 9/10/22 - 9:57:56 PM EST (GMT-5)
rip those folks
15 days ago - Saturday 9/10/22 - 11:16:49 PM EST (GMT-5)
Oh. OH! I see what ya tried to do there. Because if guns are gone it’s just gonna be knives that kill dozens of kids in minutes. Got it. Oh and hey thanks for dishonoring all those dead children. You’re super pro life you FXCKING piece of shxt
14 days ago - Sunday 9/11/22 - 8:05:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/10/22 - 11:16:49 PM camelboy wrote:
Oh. OH! I see what ya tried to do there. Because if guns are gone it’s just gonna be knives that kill dozens of kids in minutes. Got it. Oh and hey thanks for dishonoring all those dead children. You’re super pro life you FXCKING piece of shxt


'Dishonoring all those dead children'?

What are you talking about? Are you saying that these victims don't count or something because they were Canadian (actually Indigenous is the better term) and not killed via gun violence or something?

14 days ago - Sunday 9/11/22 - 9:35:34 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/11/22 - 8:05:54 PM CowDung wrote:
'Dishonoring all those dead children'? What are you talking about? Are you saying that these victims don't count or something because they were Canadian (actually Indigenous is the better term) and not killed via gun violence or something?


It's more that you're attempting to draw a parallel where none exists. The profiles don't match at all. While this is absolutely tragic it doesn't carry with it the same sort of threat that spree shootings do, because the type of person you need to get this result is significantly more rare. And I'm saying this as someone who is very pro-2A, who thinks there's maybe one gun control option that can actually do anything (and it's not one anyone pushes), and about 3 or 4 things that can actually be done (that no one is in favor of)... These aren't the same.
14 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 7:38:48 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/10/22 - 11:16:49 PM camelboy wrote:
Oh. OH! I see what ya tried to do there. Because if guns are gone it’s just gonna be knives that kill dozens of kids in minutes. Got it. Oh and hey thanks for dishonoring all those dead children. You’re super pro life you FXCKING piece of shxt
On Sunday 9/11/22 - 8:05:54 PM CowDung wrote:
'Dishonoring all those dead children'? What are you talking about? Are you saying that these victims don't count or something because they were Canadian (actually Indigenous is the better term) and not killed via gun violence or something?

Another bullsh*t lame deflection. Oh how clever responding with questions! F*ck off, CINO
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 2:18:42 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/11/22 - 9:35:34 PM Kepi wrote:
It's more that you're attempting to draw a parallel where none exists. The profiles don't match at all. While this is absolutely tragic it doesn't carry with it the same sort of threat that spree shootings do, because the type of person you need to get this result is significantly more rare. And I'm saying this as someone who is very pro-2A, who thinks there's maybe one gun control option that can actually do anything ..., and about 3 or 4 things that can actually be done (that no one is in favor of)... These aren't the same.


I wasn't trying to draw any parallels- - if I were, I would have posted something along the lines of 'maybe we need to ban knives'. The only 'agenda' that might be related to this is to show that mass killings do occasionally happen in non-US parts of the world.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 2:48:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 2:18:42 PM CowDung wrote:
I wasn't trying to draw any parallels- - if I were, I would have posted something along the lines of 'maybe we need to ban knives'. The only 'agenda' that might be related to this is to show that mass killings do occasionally happen in non-US parts of the world.


Yeah that's still drawing a parallel. A bad parallel still counts as a parallel. And in this case, the lack of similarities between offender profiles and events begs the question of why you wouldn't post every instance of mass murder from other countries. Because a scholar of the topic would be just as interested in, a cruise missile going off target and going into a hospital, etc. The arbitrary pick and choose makes it feel agenda'd.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 5:50:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
It's more a matter of what makes the headlines in the news feeds.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 6:22:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 5:50:54 PM CowDung wrote:
It's more a matter of what makes the headlines in the news feeds.


I mean that's part of it, sure, but do you really want to proliferate someone else's narrative?
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 8:06:15 PM EST (GMT-5)
Someone other than Karl Marx of course.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 8:09:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 5:50:54 PM CowDung wrote:
It's more a matter of what makes the headlines in the news feeds.
On Monday 9/12/22 - 6:22:22 PM Kepi wrote:
I mean that's part of it, sure, but do you really want to proliferate someone else's narrative?


By sharing the news? Isn't that kinda what's supposed to happen around the News forum? We used to post a news article and then it would inspire discussion...

13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 8:35:57 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 8:06:15 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Someone other than Karl Marx of course.


There's a difference between knowing Marx and pushing Marx's agenda... Especially when pushing his agenda would mean promotion from beyond the grave.... OOOOhhhhwwwwooooo!

Seriously though, I know Marx, the are good points made by Marx. I'm not a Marxist and have significant criticisms of Marx on his own terms, the same as I do with Smith. That's the difference between understanding and regurgitating.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 8:45:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 5:50:54 PM CowDung wrote:
It's more a matter of what makes the headlines in the news feeds.
On Monday 9/12/22 - 6:22:22 PM Kepi wrote:
I mean that's part of it, sure, but do you really want to proliferate someone else's narrative?
On Monday 9/12/22 - 8:09:22 PM CowDung wrote:
By sharing the news? Isn't that kinda what's supposed to happen around the News forum? We used to post a news article and then it would inspire discussion...


By not taking control of your agenda. Either the agenda is yours or is someone else's. It's 2022, nobody's naive enough to believe that submissions without comment are, infact workout comment.
13 days ago - Monday 9/12/22 - 11:12:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
If I want to push an agenda, I'll make comments. If I don't comment, I'm not caring to push an agenda.
13 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 6:52:23 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/12/22 - 11:12:24 PM CowDung wrote:
If I want to push an agenda, I'll make comments. If I don't comment, I'm not caring to push an agenda.


That's not true, because all information contains an agenda; curation intrinsically has an agenda. If it's not your agenda it's merely someone else's.
12 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 5:24:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think the difference is 'presenting an agenda' and 'pushing an agenda'...
12 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 8:38:08 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 5:24:35 PM CowDung wrote:
I think the difference is 'presenting an agenda' and 'pushing an agenda'...


I think that's more a distinction without a difference, especially when it always goes one direction without further narrative.
12 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 8:43:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
Up to the authorities who needs what?
12 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 10:24:11 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 8:43:53 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Up to the authorities who needs what?


You always seem to think there's some sort of authority and that you need to appease them. That's kind of a sad, little life you're giving yourself.
12 days ago - Tuesday 9/13/22 - 11:23:56 PM EST (GMT-5)
Amaq kinda doesn’t live in reality. CD is smarter, knowing how to lie to himself and others just so. But he’s an ugly person CINO inside. So gross
12 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 9:09:26 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 8:43:53 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Up to the authorities who needs what?
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 10:24:11 PM Kepi wrote:
You always seem to think there's some sort of authority and that you need to appease them. That's kind of a sad, little life you're giving yourself.


Who’s doing the pushing?

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 100)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit