``Canada stabbing attack kills 10, wounds 15 in Saskatchewan``        [link]    Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Another mass killing...

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 51-75 of 100)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 11:24:56 PM EST (GMT-5)
care about is their comfort. That's all they cared about when they were kids, all they cared about when they were middle aged, and all they care about now. And they're more than willing to let your dumbass hold the bag with no future ahead of you.

And for me, a chronic leftist? This is the best. Like conceivably America could have had 50 more years of capitalism. If they'd fixed shxt in 2008 and not acted like assholes? Yeah there's a firm maybe that capitalism would remain untouched until the general population plateu projected in the 2070's would wipe it from there planet.

However, I think capitalism died in 2020, and the only thing the majority of the people who are able to be boots on the grind are willing to follow is going to be capitalism's replacement. Now for me, that's straight aces. For you? It's gonna suck, mostly because you can't let yourself grow.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 7:49:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
Eloquent narrative…
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 7:50:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
I try and avoid narrative when talking about politics though. Narrative is a social construct.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 8:58:04 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 7:50:37 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
I try and avoid narrative when talking about politics though. Narrative is a social construct.


Your (and my, and everyone's) perception of reality is, by and large, a social construct. Like right down to your perception of and experience of basic colors and shapes, is a social construct. And that's unavoidable, it can't be anything but a social construct. Elimination of social constructs is impossible and self destructive. Like, the whole point of post modernism is to remove the negative ones and replace them with positive ones. Like... You don't go to your car and say this engine thing artificially makes the car move and it's therefore bad, I'm just gonna Yabba Dabba Do this motherfxcker; you do, however, change aspects of the car within the engine compartment when they're burnt out or to improve performance.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:01:53 AM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah I prefer to view reality as psychologies existing within a manufactured sociology.

Not dreaming a cultural dream really.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:15:07 AM EST (GMT-5)
I think postmodernism is about the meaninglessness of our of mice and men theories but you do you.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:27:19 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:01:53 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Yeah I prefer to view reality as psychologies existing within a manufactured sociology. Not dreaming a cultural dream really.


You realize that this expression is 100% pure social construct, right? Like not a single concept you evoked I'm those two lines is not pure social construct. Not a fact in the bunch.

And you're wrong about post modernism, like... There's literally an entire subset of philosophy about it with books you can read about it. Like I've read Derrida, it's pretty apparent you haven't.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:42:54 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:01:53 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Yeah I prefer to view reality as psychologies existing within a manufactured sociology. Not dreaming a cultural dream really.
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:27:19 AM Kepi wrote:
You realize that this expression is 100% pure social construct, right? Like not a single concept you evoked I'm those two lines is not pure social construct. Not a fact in the bunch. And you're wrong about post modernism, like... There's literally an entire subset of philosophy about it with books you can read about it. Like I've read Derrida, it's pretty apparent you haven't.


You believe other people created you because you’re delusional.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 9:43:46 AM EST (GMT-5)
Oh yeah. Get all that 20th century political philosophy. Not tainted in the slightest.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:01:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
Do you believe that there are true things?

Or do you just think we’re playing an elaborate round of D&D?

Because if it’s the latter you’re still delusional.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:03:19 AM EST (GMT-5)
Like you get that scholars trying to tell people how to navigate postmodernism isn’t really postmodern at all right?

You get that we should be aware of our status above failed institutions right?
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:14:56 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:01:13 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Do you believe that there are true things? Or do you just think we’re playing an elaborate round of D&D? Because if it’s the latter you’re still delusional.


Yes to both, and if you can't see why that's the only possible answer, that's because your truth concept is faulty, and likely tainted by enlightenment and modernist era bullshxt.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:43:47 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:01:13 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Do you believe that there are true things? Or do you just think we’re playing an elaborate round of D&D? Because if it’s the latter you’re still delusional.
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 10:14:56 AM Kepi wrote:
Yes to both, and if you can't see why that's the only possible answer, that's because your truth concept is faulty, and likely tainted by enlightenment and modernist era bullshxt.


Yeah. An explosion propelling a piston isn’t a social construct. That’s the reality of industrialization which is what we’re still going through the birthing pains of. Your political philosophy is mostly just trying to apologize for genocide and prison camps.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 12:30:19 PM EST (GMT-5)
An explosion propelling a piston isn't a social construct but both are something people just made up. Just because something is made up doesn't mean it's not real.

Also, industrialization is well over at this point. Step into the digital age, please. And my political philosophy is not apologizing for genocides and prison camps, it's to ensure the elimination of genocides and prison camps, because not everything people just make up is good, and those two things go hand in hand with the enlightenment and then modernism. But beyond that my political philosophy is all about increasing autonomy, eliminating coercion and control and giving people the tools to have their fair share without being exploited by other people or have their lives ruled by others or by institutions and social constructs, despite the fact that these are all very real things.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 12:49:04 PM EST (GMT-5)
If something is real it is more than just made up.

It is created by whatever means but existence is more than dorm room banter about political upheaval. Making stuff up is a low and unrealized act of idle chatter.
19 days ago - Saturday 9/17/22 - 6:08:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Saturday 9/17/22 - 12:49:04 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
If something is real it is more than just made up. It is created by whatever means but existence is more than dorm room banter about political upheaval. Making stuff up is a low and unrealized act of idle chatter.


That's complete bullshxt. Ownership is a complete social construct from start to finish, you're saying that exists in more than just words?
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 9:45:59 AM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah property isn’t made up.

Sorry. That’s false.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 10:18:28 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 9:45:59 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Yeah property isn’t made up. Sorry. That’s false.


No, it's true. Possession is quantifiable, and objective, but that's it, and possesion has a really casual and tertiary relationship with ownership. Ownership is a complete construct and relies entirely on nothing more than things people say. It's just made up.

Also certification of any sort. I mean, law degrees? It's literally just a bunch of people who banter back and forth getting rally good at it by their own definition saying someone else is good at it. The bar exam is called that because before law school existed, you would become a lawyer by hanging out at this one bar in England and hanging out until you could pass a bunch of questioning and then all those people in the bar would say "this guy is a lawyer." Complete social construct.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 10:22:25 AM EST (GMT-5)
The value of money? Complete social construct. From the getgo money has always been made up, but as we go on it's even more important to abstract it. The overwhelming majority of our money doesn't even have a physical representation anymore. The value is made up, the actual money is made up, it's all stuff we just make up. But your telling me that it isn't real? Try it. That's some real fxck around and find out shxt.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 1:32:36 PM EST (GMT-5)
Things founding themselves on objective realities is not the same as making it up.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 4:21:30 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 1:32:36 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Things founding themselves on objective realities is not the same as making it up.


It absolutely is when you retire a narrative device to explain what's going on. Ownership does not exist in objective reality it is a narrative that means more than the actions of the objective reality, and you can see that the narrative means more than the objective reality because when the two contradict, we favor the narrative portion of the situation over the objective portion of the situation.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 4:31:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 1:32:36 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Things founding themselves on objective realities is not the same as making it up.
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 4:21:30 PM Kepi wrote:
It absolutely is when you retire a narrative device to explain what's going on. Ownership does not exist in objective reality it is a narrative that means more than the actions of the objective reality, and you can see that the narrative means more than the objective reality because when the two contradict, we favor the narrative portion of the situation over the objective portion of the situation.


I think you’re trying to make a boring semantic argument.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 5:32:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 1:32:36 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Things founding themselves on objective realities is not the same as making it up.
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 4:21:30 PM Kepi wrote:
It absolutely is when you retire a narrative device to explain what's going on. Ownership does not exist in objective reality it is a narrative that means more than the actions of the objective reality, and you can see that the narrative means more than the objective reality because when the two contradict, we favor the narrative portion of the situation over the objective portion of the situation.
On Sunday 9/18/22 - 4:31:33 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
I think you’re trying to make a boring semantic argument.


I think you know you lost and just want to quit, because this has been a "boring semantic argument" from the onset.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 5:34:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
Oh yeah. You can have property but not actually have property because owning your property is just stealing from everyone else. Air tight logic there.
18 days ago - Sunday 9/18/22 - 5:36:02 PM EST (GMT-5)
I mean I’ll give you credit for having a strong base knowledge on bad theory but that’s about it.

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 51-75 of 100)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit