``Canada stabbing attack kills 10, wounds 15 in Saskatchewan``        [link]    Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Another mass killing...

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 26-50 of 100)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 9:51:41 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 8:43:53 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
Up to the authorities who needs what?
On Tuesday 9/13/22 - 10:24:11 PM Kepi wrote:
You always seem to think there's some sort of authority and that you need to appease them. That's kind of a sad, little life you're giving yourself.
On Wednesday 9/14/22 - 9:09:26 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
Who’s doing the pushing?


You! You're the one asking for authorities!
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 11:21:56 AM EST (GMT-5)
I think CowDung was saying that presenting an agenda is different than requiring an agenda be accepted. You don’t seem to notice that you seem to do the latter.
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 12:04:19 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Wednesday 9/14/22 - 11:21:56 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
I think CowDung was saying that presenting an agenda is different than requiring an agenda be accepted. You don’t seem to notice that you seem to do the latter.


I don't require anything. I'm observing the reactions of others and commenting on what he either finds surprising or is (more likely) feigning surprise over. And there's not really a difference in presenting an agenda and requiring that the agenda be tolerated. Why should someone tolerate an agenda if it sucks? If I wanted to live shxt down your throat, you don't think you'd call me out on that? It's pretty much exactly the same thing. Once that agenda is seen there's generally going to be no tolerance for that person's ass near your face. Like... I'm not telling anyone what to do here, I'm saying "we can all see what's going on."
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 12:07:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
Why do you seem to think someone would have a right to a presumption of benevolence, especially when you wouldn't extend the same to others?
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 1:33:43 PM EST (GMT-5)
There's no benevolence on YT anymore. It's all about stereotyping and prejudice these days. One can only think what others expect them to think, regardless of what one actually posts.

22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 8:32:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Wednesday 9/14/22 - 1:33:43 PM CowDung wrote:
There's no benevolence on YT anymore. It's all about stereotyping and prejudice these days. One can only think what others expect them to think, regardless of what one actually posts.


People aren't benevolent, and when they register something as a threat, they're going to be pretty hostile towards it. Like when someone routinely tries to argue they don't have basic human rights or routinely supports someone who tried to overthrow the government. I mean it's not like these are good faith arguments you're trying to put forward. Who would take a known bad faith argument on God faith?
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 9:30:41 PM EST (GMT-5)
The appeal is simply that our legislation is only a small part of a larger social cultural sphere that isn’t really governed by American federal legislation. The appeal is that we have a serious social decay that we should address head on rather than further alienate individuals that may or may not be in complete obedience to our vibrant and powerful digital zeitgeists that we’ve created.

And I’m sure I’m not allowed to say zeitgeist either but I really don’t think I care.
22 days ago - Wednesday 9/14/22 - 10:18:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
We’re driving people into psychological isolation with the polarization of our societies.
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 6:19:24 AM EST (GMT-5)
No, no, no, no, you're missing it. People are driving themselves into social isolation by acting like dick heads. And this isn't new, it isn't something that's unique to the Internet age or even something that happens when we introduce new technology. By the end of the American revolution, a third of the country was still Torie. And they learned to either s shut the fxck up, or they got ostracized for acting like dick heads. And the Whigs got it so bad the became the know nothings and they either changed their stripes or they got ostracized. And they all felt the same way: that society at large had decayed and degenerated when the reality was that they'd refused to grow and mature with the rest of the society, consensus had been reached
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 8:04:19 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Wednesday 9/14/22 - 8:32:58 PM Kepi wrote:
People aren't benevolent, and when they register something as a threat, they're going to be pretty hostile towards it. Like when someone routinely tries to argue they don't have basic human rights or routinely supports someone who tried to overthrow the government. I mean it's not like these are good faith arguments you're trying to put forward. Who would take a known bad faith argument on God faith?


There's a disagreement about what 'basic human rights' actually are. I don't consider having the right to terminate one's unborn children a 'basic human right'. We've had that argument since day 2 of YT and it's never been as hostile as it has been recently.


21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 8:37:24 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 8:04:19 AM CowDung wrote:
There's a disagreement about what 'basic human rights' actually are. I don't consider having the right to terminate one's unborn children a 'basic human right'. We've had that argument since day 2 of YT and it's never been as hostile as it has been recently.


Yes, and since day 2 of YT over 20 years have gone past at the social opinion barometer has moved from 50% of people being against what you say to 70% of people being against what you say, and despite that a supreme court packed with justices from there least popular president of all time decided to go ahead and overturn Roe. The combination of all that means that your extreme minority option use infringing on the rights of the majority of the country and forcing them into action.

That hostility is normal given the circumstances. Like if someone
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 8:45:26 AM EST (GMT-5)
decided to show up and move to repeal the Civil Rights Act. At first some people might think that's funny, and so the conversation arises and it's a bit of a thing... But expect that to rapidly run it's course and fire someone to get their ass kicked real quick when either a) people's amusement wears thin or b) someone makes moves to actually revoke the rights act.

And before you come in to say it's just your opinion and shouldn't people be willing to have a discussion... There's a difference between what's you're saying and what you're doing, because most people are willing to have a discussion, sometimes even multiple, but a prolonged 50 year nag fest with uneducated dick heads over a right they don't have to exercise is an expectation far beyond what's reasonable.
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 5:09:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 6:19:24 AM Kepi wrote:
No, no, no, no, you're missing it. People are driving themselves into social isolation by acting like dick heads. And this isn't new, it isn't something that's unique to the Internet age or even something that happens when we introduce new technology. By the end of the American revolution, a third of the country was still Torie. And they learned to either s shut the fxck up, or they got ostracized for acting like dick heads. And the Whigs got it so bad the became the know nothings and they either changed their stripes or they got ostracized. And they all felt the same way: that society at large had decayed and degenerated when the reality was that they'd refused to grow and mature with the rest of the society, consensus had been reached


You’re spelling out persecution. And saying it’s natural.
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 5:10:47 PM EST (GMT-5)
And it is. I know that.

My rights are still protected to some degree.

Nice fancy way of appealing to mob rule in your response to CowDung by the way.
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 9:27:45 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 5:09:12 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
You’re spelling out persecution. And saying it’s natural.


No I'm not. People aren't obligated to interact with you. Persecution is organized. This is just every day, normal ostracization. I'm saying that a lot of these old guard opinions are every bit as obnoxious as not brushing your teeth or not bathing regularly. Who wants to fxck with that? An extremely limited number of people, as little and as infrequently as possible.

Ever know crust punks? Juggalos? Do you think they're persecuted? I mean, for the most part no (there's a few instances, but it's far from systematic). People just don't want to fxck with them because they're dirty and annoying and do stupid shxt like bring dogs to shows. And soon they're going to have more general social support than you will carrying on with this nonsense.
21 days ago - Thursday 9/15/22 - 9:32:19 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 5:10:47 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And it is. I know that. My rights are still protected to some degree. Nice fancy way of appealing to mob rule in your response to CowDung by the way.


I mean how many Whigs do you know? Monarchists? Prohibitionists? The reason there aren't more is because people don't like having them around, and they become isolated until they die out and their ideas about how people should be become footnotes in history.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 2:19:39 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 5:10:47 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And it is. I know that. My rights are still protected to some degree. Nice fancy way of appealing to mob rule in your response to CowDung by the way.
On Thursday 9/15/22 - 9:32:19 PM Kepi wrote:
I mean how many Whigs do you know? Monarchists? Prohibitionists? The reason there aren't more is because people don't like having them around, and they become isolated until they die out and their ideas about how people should be become footnotes in history.


But you don’t seem to understand that your umbrella for these “antiquated old crust punk farts” seems to get wider and wider with every conversation. All of a sudden there are all of these political ideas that you’re predicting just dying out when they’re actually fairly widely held beliefs.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 7:02:36 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/16/22 - 2:19:39 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
But you don’t seem to understand that your umbrella for these “antiquated old crust punk farts” seems to get wider and wider with every conversation. All of a sudden there are all of these political ideas that you’re predicting just dying out when they’re actually fairly widely held beliefs.


Because this planet is a graveyard for once commonly held beliefs. Prohibition was once the commonly held belief in this country. That fxcking died. The Whigs we're once the dominant political party in this country, and really they should be the template for what Republicans are about to encounter as they had a contingent of hyper-nationalist evangelicals... They lasted 20 years and got two presidents elected. Dead and gone tall quick and they didn't even try to overthrow the government or subvert democratic processes.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 7:14:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
The reality is that the spectrum of belief is wide. The two major parties can only seen to muster about half of all eligible voters at any given time. You and your ilk were allowed to maintain the delusion that you were common, the default, regular... And your side decided to stage what is now commonly agreed to be an insurrection, and that's going to come with consequences, and those consequences are going to include all the things that ensure that the power structures that promoted those old "commonly held beliefs" go bankrupt, and without support and platforms for rhetoric they will go away.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 5:56:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
So you really don’t understand how half the country viewed the violent protests during the BLM riots.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 7:33:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
And how you’re actually dealing with isolated incidents and not the voice of any majority.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 10:17:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/16/22 - 5:56:22 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
So you really don’t understand how half the country viewed the violent protests during the BLM riots.

The protests from BLM weren’t the same thing as the 1/6 insurrection, you f*cking piece of sh*t f*cknozzle. The BLM protests weren’t based on a lie
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 10:18:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
Propagated by a LYING President and a LYING political party that YOU continue to support. You’re FXCKING disgusting
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 11:07:34 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/16/22 - 5:56:22 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
So you really don’t understand how half the country viewed the violent protests during the BLM riots.


I mean that's bullshxt and your analysis of the situation sucks. Whole support for BLM dropped following the George Floyd protests fairly significantly ~12%, it still has consistently held a 55% approval rating. But beyond that, more importantly than that, support increases drastically the younger the person polled is. History is written by who comes next, and then you get under 30 you have an answer of 67% support. Again, those are super majority numbers, and they've. The dissenting opinion is dying every single day. And that's where this xenophobic hyper-nationalist bullshxt is going.
20 days ago - Friday 9/16/22 - 11:14:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
It doesn't matter what old people want if younger people are unwilling to appease them. They can melon baller their eyes out and replace them with the dicks of their dead friends. Nobody will give a shxt because nobody's into their crybaby bullshxt. Every year those old fxck's are dying and losing ground. That's what Trump and Hillary and Biden have all been about: a generation of overwhelmingly worthless shxt dicking failures hell bent on getting away with being dicks and not paying their bills and leaving people like you who are the shxt end of the asshxle parade they threw holding the bag. They don't give a fxck about you and they don't give a fxck about the future because if they did they'd work on compromising with younger people, instead older liberals and conservatives have succeeded in nothing but pushing younger people father and father left, because the only thing they

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 26-50 of 100)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit