A Michigan superintendent is pondering whether coaches should lead students in pre-game prayer. A school board member in Florida wants her district to teach students about prayer and offer religious... Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
After court ruling, activists push prayer into schools

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 79)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 1:46:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
A Michigan superintendent is pondering whether coaches should lead students in pre-game prayer. A school board member in Florida wants her district to teach students about prayer and offer religious studies. In Hawaii, the leader of a faith- and family-focused activism group sees a path to altering state policy that says public-school employees cannot initiate prayer on campus.

“Our nation has lost its way in having lost a belief of a higher power,” said Christi Fraga, a Miami-Dade school board member who in May successfully proposed establishing an annual day of prayer in her district. “So in my community, there has been a cry for help — a cry to allow prayer in our schools.” Fraga added of the court’s ruling: “I hope it brings back our country to its foundation.”

10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 1:47:38 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think this is a sign of the apocalypse.

https://www.messenger-inquirer.com/...
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 1:51:50 PM EST (GMT-5)
This reminds me of the debate on teaching Intelligent Design in a science class. Just no.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 2:02:16 PM EST (GMT-5)
You can offer classes on religious studies such as “World Religions” or “the History of Christianity” so long as you don’t endorse one IMO.

It’s in our constitution “ Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;”
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 2:05:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
The pre-game prayer would be ok so long as it’s a silent prayer. The players can choose their own prayer or just not say anything. Although, I have a feeling God has better things to do than to make sure your team wins.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 2:13:03 PM EST (GMT-5)
I don't think there should be classes like the History of Christianity. Not in a public school.

The Supreme Court was wrong. The players felt pressured to pray if they wanted to play football.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 8:17:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think that the rhetoric on the left begs one’s faith in a similar way.

I mean Obama’s Hope posters were most certainly sacrilegious.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 10:04:32 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 8:17:28 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
I think that the rhetoric on the left begs one’s faith in a similar way. I mean Obama’s Hope posters were most certainly sacrilegious.


They don't hang those in schools, either. Also Obama was never on the left.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 10:43:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 8:17:28 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
I think that the rhetoric on the left begs one’s faith in a similar way. I mean Obama’s Hope posters were most certainly sacrilegious.
On Monday 8/1/22 - 10:04:32 PM Kepi wrote:
They don't hang those in schools, either. Also Obama was never on the left.


Oh I forgot that kids don’t watch the state sponsored television.
10 days ago - Monday 8/1/22 - 10:46:13 PM EST (GMT-5)
And that parents don’t educate their children with political rhetoric.

If you want to claim that Christianity is just political rhetoric I’ll accept that.

You’re wrong but that’s fine.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 1:06:30 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 10:46:13 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And that parents don’t educate their children with political rhetoric. If you want to claim that Christianity is just political rhetoric I’ll accept that. You’re wrong but that’s fine.


Why are you still trying to put words in the mouths of others? It's that a defense mechanism? Like you know you're about to say something stupid, but you're just can't help yourself so you might as well be a dick about it? I don't get it.

No, what I was going to say is that 501c3 organizations (largely churches, but there are some others) are prevented from campaigning from the pulpit or any other stage because there's a power differential that is unsure and too easily abused. Similarly, when we talk about authority lead prayer, again that's a power differential that is inclined towards abuse. And that abuse is a large
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 1:12:27 AM EST (GMT-5)
part of why churches have been emptying out in record numbers in the US for the past two decades. All the kids who grew up in these increasingly conservative and increasingly authoritarian denominations jumped ship year after year. So keep it up, because at the rate we're going the backlash is probably going to be somewhere between "dick crucifixion" and "the super man solution." Have you met Gen Z? Those kids don't play.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 3:38:28 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 10:46:13 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And that parents don’t educate their children with political rhetoric. If you want to claim that Christianity is just political rhetoric I’ll accept that. You’re wrong but that’s fine.


You would have handed out towels at Auschwitz and tried to justify it.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:39:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 10:46:13 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And that parents don’t educate their children with political rhetoric. If you want to claim that Christianity is just political rhetoric I’ll accept that. You’re wrong but that’s fine.
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 3:38:28 AM Boredofu wrote:
You would have handed out towels at Auschwitz and tried to justify it.


The idea that the Nazis had anything to do with Christianity is false.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:40:33 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 1:12:27 AM Kepi wrote:
part of why churches have been emptying out in record numbers in the US for the past two decades. All the kids who grew up in these increasingly conservative and increasingly authoritarian denominations jumped ship year after year. So keep it up, because at the rate we're going the backlash is probably going to be somewhere between "dick crucifixion" and "the super man solution." Have you met Gen Z? Those kids don't play.


I’m not even saying that I support prayer in schools. I’m just saying that the left might as well be preaching their ideologies.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:41:00 AM EST (GMT-5)
And those ideologies are all over public schools.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:48:03 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/1/22 - 10:46:13 PM amaqdrinker wrote:
And that parents don’t educate their children with political rhetoric. If you want to claim that Christianity is just political rhetoric I’ll accept that. You’re wrong but that’s fine.
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 3:38:28 AM Boredofu wrote:
You would have handed out towels at Auschwitz and tried to justify it.
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:39:13 AM amaqdrinker wrote:
The idea that the Nazis had anything to do with Christianity is false.


I never suggested they did. I'm suggesting that you would have enthusiastically bought into the Fascist ideology of the Nazi regime because it's in your nature to do so. You do it for Christianity so all a Fascist has to do is turn your head in their direction and you would be raising your arm for Hitler.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 9:50:28 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 8:48:03 AM Boredofu wrote:
I never suggested they did. I'm suggesting that you would have enthusiastically bought into the Fascist ideology of the Nazi regime because it's in your nature to do so. You do it for Christianity so all a Fascist has to do is turn your head in their direction and you would be raising your arm for Hitler.


I mean I don't think fascism and Christianity as a set of beliefs, ideals or practices have anything to do with it, but dipshxt authoritarians will do anything to obtain authority for sure, just like child molesters will do anything to gain access to children. And so, yeah you get a lot of shxt people producing shxt theology and running awful churches because what they're actually about is other people serving them.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 10:34:53 AM EST (GMT-5)
Amaq has the deep rooted attitude of a Fascist. I'm right and you are wrong, no matter what you say. All that's required is for someone to direct him to the right website. It happens with Islamics too
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:05:49 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 10:34:53 AM Boredofu wrote:
Amaq has the deep rooted attitude of a Fascist. I'm right and you are wrong, no matter what you say. All that's required is for someone to direct him to the right website. It happens with Islamics too


I mean it's rooted pretty deep in the culture overall. And I don't really attribute it to the religion because I see so many people in any religion with a variety of outlooks that it's more like the culture taints the religion and they don't see how their culture is affecting their understanding of the religion.

And when you mention Islam, honestly it makes sense to me because the ottoman empire's fall was pretty central to the intersection of culture and religion for people all over the middle east. And yeah, I can see that drastic a series of events impacting a culture deeply. And with these Christians that go fash it's
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:12:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
time to fess up that they had something that kinda burned them up in the same way, and since this is distinctly an American thing, it's not colonialism, it's not... What we brought with us, but it's something, and probably it's about 100ish years old, too. But either way, that's what they need to be talking about, what's made them uncomfortable, not what other people can do to make them comfortable, because that's a dick move.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:17:50 AM EST (GMT-5)
It's not really about religion but there is room to nurture there. Some of the biggest Fascists can be woke SJW's It's the closed-mindedness that's Fascist, not the ideas.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:46:07 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:17:50 AM Boredofu wrote:
It's not really about religion but there is room to nurture there. Some of the biggest Fascists can be woke SJW's It's the closed-mindedness that's Fascist, not the ideas.


I mean the closed mindedness is part of it, but there's more to it, because of the paradox of tolerance there's things that ardent anti-fascists are pretty closed minded about, too. Like anti-fascists are absolutely positive that it's not a car international conspiracy orchestrated by the Jews. They're not willing to consider otherwise, and I'd go so far as to say that's a good thing. Same thing with their absolute intolerance towards genocide as a solution. They are closed minded on these things, because they're correct about them.

Meanwhile fascists seem to think themselves fairly open minded. And they've got some evidence for that. Like they
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 11:51:54 AM EST (GMT-5)
Are absolutely willing to believe that your any positive qualities a person has were determined by the one time that person's dad dicked down their mom and his swimmers were on target. They're willing to believe that people can be inherently superior to each other. They are willing to believe that their boss is usually superior to them on some fundamental levels beyond just being better at certain tasks. Like... It's not just that their closed minded, it's what they're closed minded about and relative to.
9 days ago - Tuesday 8/2/22 - 2:05:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
Fascists are not invariably Nazis and Fascist can be an attitude rather than adherence to the pure ideals of Fascist doctrine.

When Bush said You are either with us or you are with the terrorists. That was a Fascist attitude.

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 79)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit